Ksenija Scahill
It's hard to describe or talk about my
year in ELA class in two paragraphs. I guess if I had to say a couple
of things that were meaningful or really stuck with me I could. The
last unit we did was definitely one of my favorites. I think it's
because it was so extensive and detailed and we worked for so long on
it, it was the most educational. Shakespeare is extremely interesting
just because of the idea of someone almost creating an entire
romantic language. Another unit that I really loved was the journal
entry unit. It gave a chance to really explore writing to your own
desire and creativity. The most important thing I learned about
myself in ELA this year is that I have a deep love for 20th
century literature.
Going into highschool I'm going to
definitely take a lot of helpful things I learned this year. I hope
to grow as a poetic and creative writer. I would like to start
writing more meaningful pieces. In terms of reading I would love to
challenge myself and expand my genre of reading. I want to explore
different styles of writing even different cultures of writing. This
summer I hope to read one book a week this summer. I think in middle
school I definitely grew as in ELA student. My love for reading and
writing definitely grew.
Summer Reading List
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokav
- The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemmingway
- Little Women by Louisa Alcott
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
No comments:
Post a Comment